Knowing that I had some lonely cilantro in my fridge and several super ripe tomatoes on the counter, I decided to make a Mexican bean salad on Tuesday. I served the salad over some greens, which was tasty.
I didn’t have a recipe, so I made one up. Here ’tis.
– 2 can black beans (I actually used 1 can black and 1 canolini just to use the canolini up)
– 1 can corn
– 3 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
– half 1 red onion, chopped
– half cup of cilantro, finely chopped
– 6 tbs olive oil
– 2 tbs lime juice
– 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
– 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or pressed out from garlic press
– dash of pepper
– pinch of dried basil
– pinch of dried oregano
1. Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl.
2. Combine olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic basil, and oregano in a small bowl for the dressing.
3. Dress the salad with as much of the dressing as you want and reserve the leftover for another day. You can also serve the bean salad over greens. In that case, you may want to use a bit more of the reserved dressing.