On Sunday morning, I was super excited about making a kale frittata, first because I figured it would taste awesome and second because it would help me use up lots of the languishing ingredients in my fridge, including some fresh but wilting kale and a few types of cheese. I used this recipe from Eggs on Sunday as inspiration, but pretty much made everything up as a went along. It turned out great!
– 3/4 of one small red onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 2 and 1/2 cups of chopped kale, packed tightly
– 8 eggs
– 1/2 cup Parmesan
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add the olive oil and onion to a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan and saute until onion has browned
- Add the garlic and continue sauteing from one minute
- Add kale, eggs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper to the pan and then top with mozzarella
- Put the whole pan into the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes until the eggs have set
- Slice and carefully remove pieces with a pie server.
- Then enjoy!