- Created a star-shaped paper frame using pieces of black construction paper glued together.
- Glued white paper to the back of the star and then trimmed it to also be the same star shape as the frame.
- Glued together strips of red paper to make long strips that would fit over the whole star. I did the same with pink strips of paper.
- Then, I glued the strips of paper onto the star, alternating between the red and pink sort of randomly.
- Finally, I trimmed off any of the excess paper so that the paper strips formed to the shape of the paper star.
Mine star is now hanging on my bedroom wall, and I love it! I would guess that the whole project took about 2.5 hours total over the two days.